Wednesday, August 18, 2010

CHAOS: Day 3

It's day 3, and that means adding a new element to my developing routine.
Today,
3. Take a Timed Approach to a Problem Area
I decided to take a timed approach to an area in my house that I am consistently unhappy with! I gave myself 5 minutes to organize the stuff on top of the refrigerator. I usually put my bills/extra paperwork up there so I can keep up with it all.
The beauty of it is that what I'm looking for is usually up there. The bad: it takes me 10 minutes to find it! So, I decided it was time to take care of that unnecessary drama in my life, and clean it up. I threw away what was trash, put my bills in one nice, neat, organized container, put items to shred in a plastic bin, and even had time to spare to knock all the dust bunnies off the top!
The idea behind this is to target a problem spot daily! Even if it a continuation of a spot you didn't finish in the 5 minutes the day before. The result will small reminders of your success everyday and consistent progress on maintaining a home with minimal mama drama!

No comments:

Post a Comment