Tuesday, August 17, 2010

CHAOS Series: Day 2

It's Day 2 of my CHAOS Series, and I'm happy to report I am already squeaky clean and looking good! (See Day 1) It feels so nice, and I am definitely motivated. I may even be able to skip out on the coffee this morning which is an interesting feat in itself. We'll see how that goes.

I've decided that the quickest way to make your home appear tidier is to make the main hub (the family room) vacuum accessible.

2. Make the Family Room Ready to Vacuum

Picking up all the crap/stuff on the floor is the best way to make a room look tidier, and to have one of the most important rooms in the house appearing to be clean is a great pick me up. I began my morning by picking up the stuff on the floor to the extent that I would be able to run the vacuum without sucking up a sock, getting stuck on a toy, or tripping over the dog (yes, I even kicked him outside for a little while.)
Again, I'm taking it one day at a time. The whole idea is to be able to repeat these steps systematically and habitually until they become second nature.
To say the least, I'm clean and I can walk through the family room without stepping on a Lego. And we all know how much it hurts to unexpectedly step on those hard plastic pesky blocks!


1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you'll be busy.

    I would love it, if you would come join me at The Wednesday Window . The Wednesday Window is the place to link up your favorite blog post of the week, check out Frugality Is Free for more details.

    ReplyDelete